pole to pole with ME

Wednesday, August 02, 2006


For those of you who knew me when I had really long hair - rejoice! It's easy to get it back...just put on a wig! Here I am, portraying one of the founders of the Alpine Club of Canada, Mrs. Elizabeth Parker. I was fortunate enough to garner a ride on a classic steam train through the Rockies to Rogers Pass in July, all the while in disguise as Mrs. Parker. The show has been going over very well. I've performed it at several Alpine Club of Canada functions, including one at Stanley Mitchell Hut where I packed in the costume and props in my backpack & performed by kerosene lamplight, I think that was my favorite so far, since the audience was made up of climbers who had just spent the day on the peaks and were feeling a real emotional attachment to the mountains. We all ended up a little weepy and sentimental. It was beautiful.  Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At August 02, 2006 11:37 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Sounds like a lovely time. You look beautiful.

 
At August 11, 2006 11:29 PM, Blogger schwartzee said...

Thanks for the love, darlins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home