pole to pole with ME

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Home, then away

It was a whirlwind trip to E-town, but I got to visit with almost everybody & had a great time. Many thanks to those of you who gave me shelter & shared meals & laughs. As much as I miss the people there, it's no longer my home, but certainly a great place to visit. How fun it would be to import some of those folks to my new stompin' grounds.

I have nearly accomplished the packing-up of the house, and sent off my final missives to workplaces, so this trip finally seems real. (It had better - I leave B-ville in one day!) So many things to do. I promised myself that I would be organized, since I knew that I was going since, well, the summer, and really there is no excuse. But of course, there is always more to do than you think, and time keeps on tickin, tickin, tickin into the future (thanks Steve Miller)

So - the test run of the photo uploads seems sucessful (see below). Gotta love technology!

Must go zzz now. Full of lasagne & red wine, thanks to some very kind B-ville friends. Lovely send-off from what seems to have become my favorite place on earth.

Thursday, (oh, joy) I get to spend 8-odd hours in a car with a yowling cat. This is how much I love my pet. Can we both be sedated?

Next stop - Saskatoon!

1 Comments:

At December 07, 2005 11:01 AM, Blogger Nicole Deibert said...

It was so good to see you! I am still very jealous that you're going on this trip. I really hope that you have the absolute best time of your life on this trip. You totally deserve it cause you work way too hard. Now go and play, even harder! Woot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home